Thursday 10 April 2008

A fun day skiing at Cairngorm

My first day out skiing on Cairngorm for two years and well worth the wait.
Most of the runs were open and I think I skied everywhere possible. The snow in the Ciste Gully was heavy going though and hard work. It made the skiing back in the Cas area seem so much easier.
It was a bit cloudy to begin with some snow showers giving a very wintry feel but as the day went on, the sun came out and wow, what great fun! Towards the end of the day, a well timed snow shower gave the runs a lovely dusting of fresh snow which made it feel very silky under the skis.
I normally ski on little, fat, freetrek snowblades so it was with some trepidation that I set out with what could be considered more normal length skis. After lots of wobbly moments, I think I started to get the hang of the longer skis and it all began to feel very enjoyable.
No photos from me but more from Ron here at http://www.talisman-activities.co.uk/blog/mountain_diary.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home