Wednesday 19 March 2008

Patey's Route, Coire an t-Sneachda

We walked in to Sneachda today and found it strange to be without the crowds. Our route was to be Patey's on Aladdin's Buttress and the first picture is of me working out how to get up the first little tricky bit.
Ron climbed the next pitch which had an awkward rocky bulge to get over.


Ron lead up a lovely pitch on neve with the crux bit above. He made it look just a little bit challenging. When I reached it, I flapped about trying to get the right placements for my axes that would get me over the difficult bit!

We continued up towards the top of Aladdin's Couloir then descended down the gully which was filled with powdery snow that gave clouds of powdery snow with every footstep, a bit like walking down with fluffy feathers around the feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home